Donnerstag, 30. Oktober 2014

The weekly Viennese Bake Off

Yesterday I was at my parent's for ... yes, dinner and it was an Austrian speciality - Kaiserschmarrn.


Afterwards I packed some more of my paperback books, before heading home. On my way home I did some shopping for the weeekly baking session. When I came home the cats were very interested in the shopping bag. "What's inside that bag? Something for us we reckon!"

After a short stop at Guild Wars 2 I started baking because the cake needed to bake for almost 2 hours. It was a good idea to start early, because otherwise the cake might have been finished about nowish. The recipe was from the BBC, more to the point from Paul Hollywood - one of the judges of the The Great British Bake Off. It is/was a Piña colada Madeira cake and we will see how it tastes or is appriciated.



After that I went to Guild Wars 2 for the dailies before sitting on the couch with the cats and watching the latest episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

"This mouse tastes funny, I think it has already expired!"


Gestern war ich bei meinen Eltern zum Abendessen und es gab eine köstliche österreichische Spezialität - Kaiserschmarrn.


Danach ging es ans Aufräumen und ich konnte wieder einige Bücher für den Abtransport bereit machen. Bevor ich nach Hause gekommen bin war ich noch schnell für das Backen einkaufen und wurde dann von neugierigen Katzen erwartet. "Was ist denn da in dem Sackerl drinnen?" war so der Grundtenor.

Nach einem kurzen Auftritt in Guild Wars 2 habe ich mich dann gleich ans Backen gemacht, weil dir Torte fast 2 Stunden gebacken werden musste. Gut, dass ich rechtzeitig angefangen habe, weil sonst wäre sie vielleicht erst jetzt fertig geworden. Das Rezept ist von der BBC genauer gesagt von Paul Hollywood - einem der Juroren von The Great British Bake Off. Es handelt sich um eine Piña colada Madeira Torte und man wird heute sehen wie gut sie geworden ist.



Danach war ich dann noch ein bisschen in Guild Wars 2 unterwegs die Dailies machen, bevor ich auf die Couch gefallen bin und mir die aktuelle Episode von Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. angeschaut habe.

"Die Maus schmeckt aber komisch, ich glaub die ist schon abgelaufen!"


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen